Monday, March 25, 2013

Meet Me Here Monday: My "New" Blogging Goal


I don't know about you, but I LOVE starting things on Mondays. And if it doesn't happen on Monday, then it probably won't happen the rest of the week. {For example, I love to make workout goals for the next week which always "start on Monday"...but when Monday rolls around and that "goal" doesn't get met...forget starting it on Tuesday or Wednesday...I'll just wait for Next Monday!}  And don't even get me started on when the first of the month begins on a Monday...it's almost too much for me to handle. haha.
But thankfully "God's mercies are new every morning"...not just every Monday, right?! {If only I could remember that! ha. ;)}
Well, I've decided that this is a character trait/habit/flaw/sin that I really can't stand...and would love for it to change...or just go away for good! I mean, why do my goals have to start at the beginning of a week? If I want to do something or get something done...just do it NOW Chelsea!

I think the area that gets me the most when it comes to this "issue" is in blogging. I have had the hardest time transiting from doing just photography blog posts to now solely personal ones. I have this constant battle within me {did I really just say that I have an internal battle over blogging? I need help.} that screams "Blog EVERYTHING because you want to make it into a book one day"...but on the other hand just not knowing what in the world to blog about or not feeling like it "tells our story"! What?! {Did I really just say that?} Ugh! I know....total and completely First World Problems.

So...here is what I've decided to do.
Around the time that Davis was born I saw this clever little thing on Pinterest via The Design Sponge Blog
Immediately I thought, "YES....now THIS is the answer to my problems."
Well...of course...I didn't start it on January 1st {because Davis was born on the 10th}, I didn't have any awesome vintage postcards laying around the house {even though a piece of card stock would have worked} and where in the world would I have found that cute little carton to hold the notecards {try your refrigerator, silly, it's holding a bunch of blueberries as we speak}, and needless to say..I never made it to Office Depot to get that cute little date stamper. Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.
Sooooo....to kill a few birds with one stone...I thought...why not implement this same concept on our blog?! Genius, I know, right?! And let's be honest, with a 1 year old running around, the chances of all of those notecards staying in order and actually IN that container is about as likely as me starting a workout regime on a Wednesday! Can I get an "Amen?!" :)
I think with this little "system" I can write as short or as long of a blog post that's needed and I won't feel like I have to "catch up on the last 3 months" that have passed by....which inevitably leads to the longest blog posts ever!

So, that's it. That's my goal. Just to blog about the little stuff. Or the big stuff. One line...or 401 lines. But the point is to just document it. Here. It might be a repeat of what I put on Instagram or Facebook that day. But who cares. I don't need to worry about it. {Once again...why all this worry?! Case. In. Point. Why I'm pretty sure this was on my list of "What are your current idols" from my Bible Study this week. Yuck.}

Final confession: This post was written on Friday, but saved so that I could post it on MONDAY! Haha
Here's to a great week of things starting on Monday!!

No comments: